+ Commies

Qingming's here and I went to 'sweep graves' of my ancestors in the morning. Not that there's any actual graves for us to sweep at all. In a land-deprived place like Singapore, we house the dead souls like how we house ourselves - in high rise, multi-story gray concrete buildings. I wonder if they've ludicrous 99-year rules. "Oops, sorry. Your soul's been bumming here for 99 years. You need to buy a new slot or get the hell out."

I noticed something funny, not for the first time, but it's just that it amuses me everytime I notice them. Bank notes, comes in denominations of 1000,000,000,000. I guess Heaven and Hell must have pretty inflated economies.

Then we brought the offerings to this huge furnace and waited in line for attendants to collect our offerings and dump them in. If you've been to the crematorium at Bishan, you know how it looks like. Very impersonal. They take and throw, take and throw. If that's the way it is, all those 'money and treasures' we've burnt for our ancestors.. they must have gone to some sort of communal fund for there's no way in hell (or heaven) that they would be able to sort it out. They... must be Commies.

1 comment:

Farlala said...

The bank notes are probably in Rupiah lah..and the dead need to wait for subsidies..