+ random notes

I sat at mr tea just now and watched people fling frisbees around the SMU garden. I can never get the point of frisbee - be it super frisbee, ultra-hardcore frisbee, ultimate frisbee or whatever other names they use to glorify this 'sport'. Frisbee, only good for dogs bored from scratching their own balls.

Took a train home and eavesdropped on a conversation beside me. These two students were talking about their 'long term plans' and the subjects they enjoy.. chemistry, history etc. And I thought to myself that..

- subject grading and its whole system is terribly flawed. It focuses more on information retention and memory skills than understanding, problem solving and real knowledge. If I'm a teacher, I'll never praise my students to be smart or call them stupid. I'll simply say, "Wow, you can memorise quite a lot of shit."

- I would have paid more attention during Physics classes if I had watched Mythbusters and picked up photography back in secondary school.

- I should have never dropped AEP.
- Chemistry will still be boring for me now.
- And Maths would be a lot worse.

1 comment:

Emiry said...

I have phobia for frisbee. I can catch a ball no problem, but I just can't catch a frisbee.