We Salute You

Thanks to a fat bar of soap and his article I've read recently, I'm once again stoked and riled up over a particular slice of music history - when the tunes were much heavier and the band had longer hair then a whole bunch of high school cheerleaders. It was a time when grown men did not sing song about being dumped, hurt or sad, a part of history when bands like the Jonas brothers or the Click Five would get kicked in their nuts for trying to act like something they're obviously not.

Sorry to say this. As much as I appreciate Coldplay, Death Cab and the entire post rock/shoegazing wave, back then, I quote Mr Soapfat - "rock was ROCK and not pussy bands". Rock will never die out. It lives on forever, kicking ass and taking names.

If I still had my long mat rock hair, these would be the 4 songs I'll listen to.


Guns N Roses; November Rain
Slash. Guitar solos in desert. Helicopter shots. Classic.
This is embarrasing, but I air guitar to Slash's solos here.


Iron Maiden; Fear of the Dark
Rock in Rio. Fans singing along. Bruce Davidson.
This gig hits a tie with Muse @ Wembley for 'Concert I Most Wish I Had Attended'


ACDC; For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Title says it all.


Metallica; Master of Puppets (S&M Concert Live)
'Call of Ktulu' + 'Master of Puppets' = Extremely wicked

No comments: